Meteor is an ultra-simple environment for building modern web applications.
With Meteor you write apps:
- that send data over the wire, rather than HTML
- using your choice of popular open-source libraries
Try a getting started tutorial:
Are you looking for examples? Check this meteor/examples
On Linux/macOS, use this line:
curl https://install.meteor.com/ | sh
On Windows, use this line:
npm install -g meteor
Visit the official install page to learn more.
Create a project:
meteor create try-meteor
cd try-meteor meteor
Building an application with Meteor?
- Deploy on Galaxy hosting: https://www.meteor.com/cloud
- Announcement list: sign up at https://www.meteor.com/
- Discussion forums: https://forums.meteor.com/
- Join the Meteor community Slack by clicking this invite link.
Interested in helping or contributing to Meteor? These resources will help:
Aside from a short launcher shell script, Meteor installs itself inside your home directory. To uninstall Meteor, run:
rm -rf ~/.meteor/ sudo rm /usr/local/bin/meteor
On Windows, read here.